Assistant director, employer relations for a large public university.
Strategically cultivates and strengthens corporate relations with and between employers, students, alumni, and faculty to maximize student employment in accordance with the university's Quality Enhancement Plan outcomes. Provides leadership in the employment services division of career services and with the employer advisory board. Assists the director with the STAR Employer Program.
- Strategically identify and build relationships with state, regional, national, and international employers for recruitment of university's students and alumni.
- Work with employers to develop marketing strategies for enhancement of employer presence on campus; evaluate appropriateness of employer expectations; assist with diversity recruitment; promote adherence to office procedures and deadlines, interviewing protocols, offer/accept lead times, and ethical/professional conduct. Discuss student feedback with employers and notify director of problematic employer activities/behavior and significant trends.
- Collaborate with designated college liaisons and faculty/staff to increase employment opportunities for students, including but not limited to underserved populations and graduate students.
- Facilitate relationships between employers and the university community, including students, faculty, staff, alumni association, foundation, etc.
- Work closely with the experiential education staff to develop internship and cooperative education opportunities to students.
- Assist in coordinating on-campus recruitment to address program resources, employer and student accessibility, and policy/procedure formulation. Assist with check-in of employers, faculty visits and luncheons, etc. as part of the on-campus recruitment program.
- Participate actively in various local, state, regional, and national organizations including but not limited to chambers of commerce, Societies of Human Resource Management, state agencies such as Dept. of Labor and Economic Development, etc. to increase employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Design and develop marketing material to employers, including web site content; compose content and coordinate timing of communications to employers.
- Assist the director with the STAR Employer program and lead the development and implementation of the employer advisory board.
- Conduct on-going assessment of employer relation's efforts and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts. Oversee the management of the recruitment-tracking database.
- Provide leadership for the employment services staff in strategic planning and goal setting, monthly and annual reports, etc.
Professional staff responsibilities:
- Attend administrative staff meetings, participate in professional development activities, and represent career services on campus and in the community as needed.
- Assist in large office projects and other duties assigned by the director.
Education: Bachelor's degree, three years experience in a corporate or university career services environment.
Experience: Experience in marketing, negotiation, and strategic planning.
- Must possess a dynamic, professional demeanor with exceptional organization, written and oral communication skills;
- Aability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail, a motivated/enthusiastic work style;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Master's degree in student affairs, human resource management, business, or a related discipline.
- Experience with college recruiting, from a higher education or a business perspective