2016-2017 National Association Strategic Relationships Action Team
Committee Charge: The visibility and influence of NACE is increasing on a national level, principally through recent advocacy initiatives. NACE members belong to a plethora of other national organizations that include NASPA, ACPA, SHRM, NCDA, CEIA, NSEE, CASE, and several others. Also included in the membership of those organizations are senior leaders at employer organizations, as well as colleges and universities. NACE is in a position to influence and promote the work of career services and recruitment professionals to those senior officials within each type of organization.
The National Association Strategic Relationships Team will review the NACE strategic priorities with a focus on identifying potential relationships and alignments that could impact achievement of NACE goals and objectives:
• Identify critical audiences and specific outcomes that can be achieved by such collaborative relationships, e.g. relevancy, advocacy, etc.
• Investigate opportunities for connecting with and collaborating with other national associations that align to the NACE mission to enlighten their members about the critical role NACE has for career services and recruiting professionals.
• Identify areas of common interest for NACE members across those associations and the highest priorities among them, in alignment with the NACE strategic plan and priorities.
• Recommend specific organizations with which NACE should pursue collaboration,the particular content areas that should be considered and a realistic timeframe for outreach and collaboration. Submit a proposal by March 1, 2015 recommending national association strategic relation types and content that would be most beneficial to NACE members.
• Recommend strategies for NACE to inform and promote, directly and indirectly, the work of career services and recruitment professionals to senior leaders at their respective organizations.