Management Leadership Institute for Career Services Professionals
July 14-19, 2013
Scottsdale Conference Center
7700 East McCormick Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
The MLI is a five-day, professionally intensive workshop led by a faculty of experienced career services practitioners. It offers practical information and opportunities to network with peers and learn from experienced colleagues who have successfully met the challenges of career center management.
Earn 28 credit hours
- Learn leadership and motivation skills useful for peer management and managing direct reports.
- Discover how you can add value and balance to your career center's missions and goals through strategic management.
- Identify new methods of increasing the visibility of your career center within the college/university setting.
- Learn the ins and outs of financial management
- Examine timely ethical issues in career services.
- Build a valuable network of colleagues in the career services profession.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed especially for new directors or mid-career professionals with two to seven years of experience in career services. The content is tailored to practitioners without extensive management training. Participants must be committed to learning and are required to complete assignments prior to the Institute.
NACE is recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to offer continuing education for national certified counselors. NACE adheres to NBCC continuing education guidelines. The MLI is approved for 28 hours of NBCC credit. The MLI will also provide participants with the first and only management credential specifically designed for the career services profession.