NACE Strategic Plan 2022-25
VISION: A diverse and inclusive community of professionals collaborating to achieve equitable employment outcomes for all.
MISSION: NACE empowers and connects the community of professionals who support, develop, and employ the college-educated workforce.
ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE: Achieving the mission and vision of NACE is accomplished by maintaining organizational health through the responsible management of its assets and optimization of its resources.
- Community: Embracing a spirit of community, partnership, and common interest.
- Belonging: Honoring the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals by fostering and supporting diversity and inclusion to advance equity and allow everyone to be their authentic self.
- Integrity: Always striving to do the right things, even when those things are not the easiest, or most obvious.
- Innovation: Fostering new knowledge and a commitment to continuous learning and adaptability.
- Impact: Nurturing ideas, inspiring excellence, and cultivating growth to effect positive change.
CHAMPION DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION.
Strategy 1: Develop DEI programs and standards for the professions.
- Investigate and develop DEI certificate programs.
- Ensure equity and inclusion lens is used for all products and services.
Strategy 2: Increase access to DEI data to promote decision making and to support advocacy for equitable initiatives and policy changes.
- Use an equity and inclusion lens in performing all NACE research.
- Develop new research initiatives with a DEI focus to inform work of members and the association.
- Evaluate/report progress on supporting the Black community and other marginalized populations, and meeting NACE’s commitments to antiracism.
Strategy 3: Broaden engagement opportunities for diverse populations and stakeholders.
- Cultivate belonging among membership through purposeful affinity group engagement.
- Expand content and programming to support and include representation of diverse populations.
GOAL: LEAD DIALOGUE.
Strategy 1: Strengthen the public’s awareness of NACE and the professions’ impact and outcomes.
- Identify and develop tailored messages and relationships to bring awareness to our work.
- Provide tools and resources to members that can be used to advance public awareness and advocacy efforts.
- Provide members with tools/resources/research they can use to advocate on behalf of their operations and offices within their own organizations.
Strategy 2: Position the value of NACE and the professions with key decision makers in government, industry, and higher education.
- Leverage NACE research to provide evidence of the impact of the career services and university recruiting professions on the workforce.
- Develop contacts, partnerships, and collaborations with policymakers, organizations, entities, and individuals relevant to the higher education, human resources, and career/workforce space.
Strategy 3: Promote the value of careers in career development and university recruiting.
- Develop tools and resources about career paths and advancement within the careers.
- Obtain relevant data about the professions that can be used to promote them.
- Partner with others (individuals, organizations, and programs) to promote the professions.
Strategy 4: Advocate on issues of importance that may have an impact on the professions, the work of our members, and employment outcomes for the college educated.
- Develop/execute research efforts to support key public policy and advocacy topics.
- Expand NACE’s presence in the national policy area through position papers, testimony, coalition membership, and/or other outlets and venues.
- Promote career readiness and related content to support student success and early career transitions.
GOAL: PROVIDE QUALITY RESEARCH, CONTENT, AND PROGRAMMING.
Strategy 1: Develop and curate research and content to enable us to lead the national conversation on equitable employment for the college educated.
- Leverage environmental scans and other sources to set a research and content agenda.
- Develop partnerships that will advance NACE research, content, and programming efforts and position NACE as a leader.
- Develop standards of measurement and other pathways to strengthen the knowledge base of career readiness and competencies.
Strategy 2: Provide programming that addresses member needs based on 1) their level of professional development and 2) job function/role.
- Develop programs/curriculum and content that address the needs of members based on their level of professional development and expertise.
- Create a series of programs and content that address the needs of members based on the elements critical to their job functions.
- Be the go-to source for entry-level professional training and leadership development.
Strategy 3: Leverage the talent and expertise of our members to deliver leading practices and content.
- Develop a repository that can be used to store and retrieve information about member expertise.
- Leverage Affinity Groups to develop and deliver content and programming.
- Examine and explore modifications to existing Get Involved and Call for Proposal processes to maximize identification of subject matter experts.
GOAL: EXPAND AND CULTIVATE COMMUNITY.
Strategy 1: To drive membership expansion, identify and understand new audiences and their interests and needs.
- Perform member/audience gap analysis and develop recruitment targets and plan.
- Refine member benefits and access based on needs of target audience.
- Explore incentive and rewards programs.
- Find new ways to capture prospective member information for solicitation purposes.
Strategy 2: Create personalized opportunities and experiences for member engagement and retention.
- Enhance our new member onboarding experiences.
- Develop an ongoing plan for member communication, involvement (volunteerism/leadership), and belonging.
- Develop programming and content related to target member types/personas/localities.
DOWNLOAD THE STRATEGIC PLAN
Updated June 2022.
NACE believes in a world that is inclusive in approach and where equal opportunities and equitable outcomes exist for all. Read NACE’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement at www.naceweb.org/dei-statement.