NACE’s Core Values are:
- Community: Embracing a spirit of community, partnership, and common interest.
- Belonging: Honoring the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals by fostering and supporting diversity and inclusion to advance equity and allow everyone to be their authentic self.
- Integrity: Always striving to do the right things, even when those things are not the easiest, or most obvious.
- Innovation: Fostering new knowledge and a commitment to continuous learning and adaptability.
- Impact: Nurturing ideas, inspiring excellence, and cultivating growth to effect positive change.
NACE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NACE staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NACE staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all NACE meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NACE but held in conjunction with NACE events, on public or private platforms.
NACE has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NACE asks that you inform us so that we can take the appropriate action. Reports can be made by email to Megan Ogden, Director, Education & Events, at email@example.com. You can report anonymously or share your name and contact information for follow-up by NACE staff.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form
- Verbal or physical abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NACE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest
- Examples of verbal or physical abuse include, but are not limited to, comments or gestures related to ethnicity, race, culture; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression; age; differences in ability; immigration status, nationality, national origin; education; socio-economic status; family structure; military/veteran status; religious/non-religious beliefs; local, state, nationally recognized groups/organizations; physical appearance or body size; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NACE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest
In addition, participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- The recording or transmissions of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NACE throughout the meeting is strictly prohibited. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NACE event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NACE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NACE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NACE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually, or in person.
Effective Date: September 2022