Spotlight for Recruiting Professionals
What is your organization’s alcohol policy for interns during its events? Recruiting professionals listed their organizations’ intern and alcohol policies in a recent discussion in the NACE Community. Their policies included:
- Having licensed bartenders at company events card employees to ensure they are of legal age to drink alcohol.
- Offering two drink tickets to those of legal age at company events.
- Simply not serving alcohol at all during events for interns as not all students are of legal age.
In addition to these intern alcohol policies, employers also issue reminders to their interns that these are professional events. Employers described reminding their interns:
- That an internship is a three-month job interview.
- To be professional. Infractions are considered teachable moments.
- That behavior at a work party will be remembered by colleagues and potential boss.
Join the discussion about organizations’ alcohol policies in the NACE Community.