NACE 2014 Conference & Expo Call for Proposals Is Open
The theme of the NACE 2014 Conference & Expo in San Antonio,Texas, is Connect Compare Collaborate. Help shape the program for NACE 2014 Conference & Expo by sharing your expertise. Submit your best, most creative session ideas for consideration at this year's event!
The Benefits of Presenting
Submission and Notification Timeline
Non-Commercial Nature of Workshops
Professional Development Session Formats
General Guidelines for All Professional Development Sessions
Complimentary Registration, Honorarium, and Reimbursement Policy
Submit Your Proposal
The deadline to submit your proposal for the 2014 Conference & Expo is Wednesday, October 16, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Note: You CAN save partially completed submissions for future completion.
Facilitate a traditional workshop, lead an interactive session, or deliver solutions and ideas in a rapid learning format. NACE's 2014 Conference Committee is looking for cutting-edge topics, trends, and best practices in career services and college recruiting. The committee is seeking proposals that feature relevant content; are informed by theory, research, and/or practice; encourage opportunities for learner engagement; and are practically applicable by conference and expo attendees.
Each proposal will be evaluated and scored using the 2014 Conference & Expo proposal evaluation and scoring criteria. Please review these criteria by clicking here.
In particular, the committee is seeking proposals that:
- Feature a diverse array of presenters, including those:
- Of different nationalities
- Of different levels of experience
- From different institution and organization types
- Deliver best practices using approaches for different types of learners
- Engage attendees using meaningful interactivity or multimedia, such as:
- Relevant individual or group activities
- Audio and/or video clips
- Smartphones, tablets, or laptops
- Social media
- Instant feedback (e.g. attendee polling)
- Are based on or supported by research
- Contain new ideas that are on the cutting edge
- Stimulate and provoke discussion
NACE is specifically seeking submissions in the following topic areas:
|Career Services Professionals||University Recruiting & Relations|
|Assessment and Accountability||Assessment and Accountability|
|Career Counseling and Coaching||Internships - Programs, Evaluation, Intern Development|
|Developing Employer Relationships||Managing and Developing Staff|
|Managing and Developing Staff||Recruiting Diverse Populations|
|Marketing to Employers and Marketing to Students||Using Social Media Tools to Engage and Recruit Students|
|Counseling Advanced-Degree Candidates||Onboarding and Rotational Programs|
|Using Social Media Tools to Engage and Recruit Students||Recruiting Advanced-Degree Candidates|
|Counseling STEM Students||Recruiting STEM Candidates|
|Diversity Issues in Career Services|
The Benefits of Presenting
As a presenter at the NACE 2014 Conference & Expo, you will:
- Receive a complimentary registration to attend the full conference. Please note that the complimentary registration is non-transferrable and only valid for the 2014 Conference & Expo.
- Enhance your credibility and stature among industry professionals.
- Hone your presentation and public speaking skills.
- Refresh and increase your personal knowledge as you prepare your thoughts, handouts, and visuals for presentation.
NACE is the leading source of information on the employment of the college educated. Our professional association connects more than 5,200 college career services professionals at nearly 2,000 colleges and universities nationwide, and more than 3,000 university recruiting and relations professionals. The NACE 2014 Conference & Expo will attract these professionals.
More than 1,800 career services and university relations and recruiting professionals attended the NACE 2013 Conference & Expo. Fifty-three percent of attendees were from college organizations; 31 percent were from employer organizations; and 15 percent were from suppliers, vendors, and consultants.Submission and Notification Timeline
You must submit your proposal by no later than 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday, October 16, 2013. You will receive an acknowledgment e-mail of receipt upon submission.
Primary presenters will receive their acceptance status notification the week of December 2, 2013. The presenter of an accepted proposal will receive detailed information (including required forms and the presentation schedule) upon confirmation.
Each presenter must fully complete and return their individual form within two weeks of receiving notification of acceptance.
|Monday, September 9, 2013||NACE opens 2014 Conference & Expo call for proposals|
|Wednesday, October 16, 2013||Proposal submissions due to NACE|
|Week of December 2, 2013||Presenter acceptance notifications distributed|
|Tuesday, December 10, 2013||Speaker communication begins to presenters from NACE|
Please note: If your proposal is accepted, NACE reserves the right to edit the presentation description and title, and may reassign track or other elements as necessary.
Non-Commercial Nature of Workshops
To maintain the educational integrity of the program, presenters may not use their workshop as a platform for promotion of their products and services, or for monetary gain. NACE provides a unique forum for professionals to have an open dialogue and creative exchange of ideas free from commercial content. If a presenter uses his or her workshop as a promotion platform, he or she will not be allowed to submit proposals to present at future NACE conferences or events.Professional Development Session Formats
Presentations should incorporate meaningful interactivity and ample opportunity for discussion between presenter(s) and attendees. When submitting your presentation idea, you may select from the following presentation formats:
- Traditional—Highlight your expertise in a 60-minute workshop in the traditional teacher-student format using an interactive experience.
- Deep Dive—These 1.5- to 2-hour sessions will plunge into the nitty-gritty of key issues. Attendees of these extended workshops should emerge with a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Peer2Peer—These 60-minute "no PowerPoint" sessions are led by a facilitator; participants discuss cutting-edge practices and brainstorm how to resolve issues.
- SMARTtalks—These workshops are 15-minute mini-presentations in the style of the TEDtalks. NACE will have one meeting room dedicated to SMARTtalks.
- Traditional and Peer2Peer sessions are 60 minutes long, while Deep Dives range between 1.5 and 2 hours, and SMARTtalks are 15 minutes long.
- Standard A/V for each session room includes an LCD projector, computer, screen, and one wireless microphone. Presenters may request additional A/V equipment and presentation materials (e.g. flipchart), but may be required to cover the cost for those supplemental items.
- NACE does not provide hard Internet connections for workshops. The workshops will be in a venue with wireless access. We strongly recommend you do not rely on wifi for your presentation. Download everything (YouTube videos, for example) onto an external drive, use screen shots for websites, and so forth.
- To accommodate as many people as possible, rooms are set at maximum capacity.
- Presentations are limited to the following number of presenters (no exceptions):
- Traditional, Deep Dive, and Peer2Peer—Maximum of two presenters.
- SMARTtalks—Maximum of one presenter.
- Panel presentations in any format—Maximum of one moderator and three panelists.
One complimentary conference registration will be awarded per Traditional, Peer2Peer, or Deep Dive session. SMARTtalk presenters will receive 50 percent off a regular registration fee. If there are multiple presenters for a workshop, the lead presenter (submitter) must advise NACE which presenter will be awarded the complimentary registration. Complimentary registrations are non-transferrable.
In order to present at the conference, you must be a registered (paid or complimentary) attendee. NACE does not issue workshop-only passes.
No honorarium or funding is available for speaker travel or lodging.Submit Your Proposal
Click here to begin the proposal submission process for the NACE 2014 Conference & Expo. Please note that you can save partially completed submissions for future completion.Questions
Questions? Please contact the NACE professional development team via e-mail or phone, 610.868.1421.