NACE's Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Showcase
- Date: Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Time: 1 - 4 p.m. ET
- Location: Online
- Career Level: Basic-, intermediate-, and advanced-level career services and university relations and recruiting professionals
- Competency: Talent Acquisition; University Relations & Recruiting; Diversity, Equity and Recruiting
- Fee: FREE (member); $149 (nonmember)
NACE’s Minority Serving Institution Showcase will provide a broad introduction to MSIs and insights for those who would like to engage with MSI students. For employers and colleges interested in better understanding how to recruit and serve a high-quality diverse workforce, NACE’s Minority Serving Institution Showcase will provide the opportunity to:
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Learn what MSIs are and how they are different from other institutions;
- Learn how to connect with students from a variety of backgrounds;
- Develop recruitment/service strategies based on the insights from students and professionals from MSIs; and
- Grow your network to include professionals that will help you accomplish your goals
Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) are higher education institutions that serve minority populations. Among them are Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AAPISIs). Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs), Primarily Black Institutions (PBIs), and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), Because MSI’s are great sources for new graduates, recruitment professionals include MSIs in their engagement strategies to find high-quality talent and are able to advance their commitments to recruiting a diverse workforce.
Opening Session: Minority Serving Institutions Introductions
1 – 1:45 p.m. ET
The opening session will kick off the Showcase with leaders from NACE’s affinity groups providing an overview of MSIs, their similarities, and what makes them unique. These leaders serve as co-leads for NACE’s HBCU, Individuals serving/recruiting Latin@x Students, Tribal Colleges and Universities, and AAPISI affinity groups.
PBI and TCU Student Roundtable
2 – 2:45 p.m. ET
A panel of students will share their unique perspectives regarding preparing for and navigating the career space as students attending Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs).
HSI and AAPISI Student Roundtable
3 – 3:45 p.m. ET
A panel of students will share their unique perspectives regarding preparing for and navigating the career space as students attending Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AAPISI).
*Program content and times subject to change.
Interested in becoming an event sponsor? Contact Michelle Newhard, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com, 610.625.1020.
VIEW SPONSORSHIP PACKAGES
Contact NACE Meetings & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org, 610.625.1026.