TAGS: diversity and inclusion
Developed by the 2020-21 NACE Tribal Colleges & Universities Affinity Group
1. Relationships are important to Native people. Work to develop strategies and tactics that impact relationship building with a group, community, or Tribe.
2. Values are important to Native people. Learn how your company or organization aligns with the values of the group, community, or Tribe as you conduct outreach.
3. Service is important to Native people. Most Native students are working to gain a credential to gain more capacity to impact or serve their community. As you work to develop your initiative to recruit Native people, consider how you company or organization can benefit Native community and Tribes.
4. Place is important to Native people. Most Native students want to remain close to their home community for a myriad of pragmatic and cultural reasons. When considering your outreach, consider how remote work and support a student’s interest to learn about your company and how your company can teach them something to positively impact their home communities.
5. Remember to understand what is important in your recruiting of Native people to your companies or organizations.
American Indian College Fund (College Fund)
Indigenous Education, Inc. (IEI)
American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
American Indian Graduate Center (AIGC)
National Student Organizations With Chapters
AISES: College and high school, annual national conference with a structured career fair, college-based student chapters
American Indigenous Business Leaders (AIBL): College, annual conference with a business plan competition, college-based student chapters
United National Indian Tribal Youth, Inc. (UNITY) High school, annual national conference, community-based student chapters
National Native Education Organizations
American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC)
National Indian Education Association (NIEA)
National Native Organizations
National Congress of American Indians (NCAI)
National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED)
First Nations Development Institute (FNDI)
National Council on Urban Indian Health (NCUIH)
National American Indian Housing Council (NAIHC)
Posted February 4, 2021
Percent of institutions conducting First-Destination Surveys
Median number of professional staff
Percent of career centers with employer partnership programs
Percent of staff time spent student-facing
2021-22 Career Services Benchmarks Survey