The 2018 Internship & Co-op Survey Report explores key aspects of employers’ internship and co-op
programs, including how programs are structured, hiring projections, conversion, retention, recruiting strategies, and compensation (wages and benefits).
- Employers that responded expect to increase the hiring of interns by 1.7% in 2018.
- Co-op hiring remains flat, increasing only 0.6% over last year.
- The offer rate for interns is 59%, the acceptance rate is 77.3%, and the conversion rate is 45.6%.
- The offer rate for co-ops is 34.6%, the acceptance rate is 80.3%, and the conversion rate is 27.8%.
- On average, employers begin recruiting interns eight months prior to the start date and co-ops five months in advance of starting.
May 2018. 8 1/2" x 11”. 22 pages. PDF format.
VIEW EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
If your organization participated in the survey, or you purchased a copy of the report, you can access the report at MyNACE > Research Reports.
View the accompanying Guide to Compensation for Interns & Co-ops 2018 report for detailed wage and benefit information by major, degree, year of study, company size, industry, and region. Save by purchasing the Internship & Co-op Report 2018 and Guide to Compensation for Interns & Co-ops 2018 reports together.