What tasks do your work-study students do? Career services professionals offered lists of tasks they assign student workers in a recent discussion in the NACE Community.
- Creating content, including blogs, email campaigns, and materials for the office bulletin board.
- Conducting employer outreach by identifying potential recruiters, connecting with alumni at organizations not yet recruiting on campus, updating contact information, and more.
- Answering calls, directing visitors, making appointments, stuffing folders/marketing materials, and posting and removing event flyers on campus.
- Taking on special projects that can add to a student’s professional portfolio.
- Creating slide decks for presentations.
- Serving as a liaison with student clubs.
- Hunting for first-destination data.
- Benchmarking with peer schools in areas such as social media, website content, resources, and others.
- Digitizing paper databases.
What other tasks do your work-study students do? Add your ideas to the conversation in the NACE Community.