As October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) suggests employers visit its NDEAM webpage, which has useful information for employers, career services offices, faculty, and others.
Below are some other useful resources from Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN), the Job Accommodation Network (JAN), and NACE about disability inclusion to use throughout the year:
- Inclusion@Work: A Framework for Building a Disability-Inclusive Organization
- Self-Paced Trainings: Strategies for Disability Inclusion
- Disability Inclusion in the Workplace: Why It Matters
- Working Together: Ensuring People with Disabilities Feel Welcome and Included in the Workplace
NACE’s 2019 Careers for Students With Disabilities Task Force developed self-assessments by which career services and employers can gauge the progression of their work to include individuals with disabilities. The task force also developed a tool for use with students to help them navigate the process.
- Self-Assessment Tool for Campus Career Offices
- Self-Assessment Tool for Employers
- Navigation Tool for Student